All Members of the enfleshed Board of Directors and associated Councils:
- Commit to the mission and values of enfleshed and can articulate why, to them, the kind of ministry enfleshed does matters.
- Commit to meaningful and ongoing relationships with each other as part of enfleshing justice, liberation, and delight.
- Commit to two-year terms
- Commit to being an enfleshed ambassador in their networks and communities (e.g., LinkedIn, email signature, professional bio, etc.).
Working Board specific commitments:
- Tend to administrative needs, support, visioning, and decision making related to finances, financial and structural sustainability, ethical commitments in all aspects of organizational structure and practice, policies, bylaws, partnerships, etc.
- Take on a specific Board role for an annual term (e.g., secretary, chair, treasurer).
- Attend monthly virtual board meetings.*
- Attend virtual creative council meetings as desired.
- Committed to annually donating, fundraising, and/or contributing in-kind donation of skills/services valued at $500. We welcome and celebrate creative and flexible approaches to making this collective contribution to enfleshed’s sustainability.
- Complete a two-year term, which may be repeated if agreed upon by self, Board colleagues, and enfleshed executive director.
- Share a skill-set to enable the Working Board to fulfill its purpose (e.g., nonprofit management and finances, staff support and human resources, fundraising, organizational responsibility and ethics (including nonprofit by-laws and other legal/compliance experience).
- Parameters of availability and level of engagement should be agreed upon before joining the Board and will be re-visited, in consultation with Board colleagues and enfleshed executive director, each year.
*Attendance guidelines: We know that by joining this board, this work is important to you, and your presence is important to us. Our work is best when we have a multitude of perspectives in the room. We also know that life happens, and you can’t always make it. We want to know how we can best support you to engage in this work, even if you can’t attend every meeting.
Apply for the May 2022 – May 2024 board term by filling out the application below.
Applications will be open through Monday, April 18th. We hope to get back to every applicant by early May with our first gatherings in late May or early June.