Overview of enfleshed
enfleshed creates and facilitates spiritual resources for collective liberation through prayer, liturgies, art, teaching, writing and other meditations. Our work is largely positioned within Christian-adjacent traditions centering the wisdom, experiences, and desires of those on the fringes of dominant institutions, theologies, and politics.
Our values align with the poets, the healers, the truth-tellers, the tender and fierce, the messy and untidy, the seekers, the queers, and the strange ones across spiritual traditions. With attention to the Sacred in the flesh of the earth and all creaturely forms, we find God in the entangled, fleeting, beautiful, and aching nature of this “one wild and precious life.”
You can read about our values and practices here.
Trans faith internship program
enfleshed is excited to launch our pilot trans faith internship program. This opportunity will be extended to one individual who identifies with the trans, intersex, gender non-conforming and nonbinary communities and is passionate about learning and growing through the aid of creating Christian-adjacent spiritual resources for collective liberation.
Learning objectives include but are not limited to:
- Creating and sustaining non-traditional ministries/organizations with collaborative, anti-capitalist, liberation-oriented values
- Integrating trans and gender non-conforming experiences into spirituality
- Nonprofit administration
- Practicing healthy boundaries/preventing burnout as a trans person in Christian-adjacent work
The program opportunities will be shaped by the interest areas of the intern but will generally include:
- Curating spiritual resources for social media
- Assistance in creating/editing oral, written, and visual projects
- Building practices of self-care into liberation work
- Nurturing connection with other trans and nonbinary people in the field
- Working with religious scholars, activists, ministers, poets, artists, and others on special projects, public theology, and collaborative relationships with enfleshed
- An independent project chosen in consultation with the Director
The internship will run from January 11 - May 21st, average 10 hours/week, and pays $18/hour.
This position is remote and applications are welcome from anywhere within the United States.
enfleshed is open to working with the intern to minimally alter the program to meet educational program requirements.
- Strong sense of time management
- Collaborative and creative thinker
- Strong commitment to the values of enfleshed
- Committed to contributing to the flourishing of enfleshed
- Practices both deep patience for the slow labors and urgent necessity of justice work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to self-growth, personal accountability, and being challenged
- Interested in engaging Christian-adjacent communities for the sake of collective liberation
- Able to articulate clearly what makes enfleshed a good fit
- Deeply invested in the role of spirituality in liberation work
- Must be 18 years of age
- Preferred: Gender, Women, and Sexualities or Religious studies or similar educational concentration or personal experience with investment in these or similar areas
Applications are closed.
We will be in touch with all applicants before December 1.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.