We’d love to come to your faith community for preaching, teaching, retreat planning, or workshops.
We specialize in:
Bible study, theology, workshops, and preaching on:
Feminist approaches to Christianity
Trans and gender non-conforming justice, spirituality, and identities
White people work – there are some conversations that people of color simply shouldn’t have to have. Engaging together what it means to address white supremacy – in our faith communities, societal structures, internal lives, and cultural norms – is work white people absolutely must be doing today.
Connecting our faith with the work of liberation
We believe none of the above conversations can take place with any integrity without simultaneously addressing whiteness and it’s influence on our social identities, efforts to pursue justice and liberation, and our very understanding of Christianity.
It is our hope and expectation that any community in search of deepening its understanding and commitment of any of the above would also invite and encourage matters of racial injustice to be brought into the conversation as well.
All of our preaching, teaching, and trainings seek to include but also deepen beyond the surface level approach to engaging in conversations related to social justice – especially as people of faith. Lasting transformation occurs at the roots – where capitalism and racism and sexism and heterosexism and ableism and cissexism are all entangled.
The solutions aren’t simple or clear or singular and can’t be fully addressed in any one session. But together, we can follow the movement of the Spirit on this life-long journey of becoming, looking inward, leaning on community, and trusting that – together – we can contribute to the coming of the Kindom.
Email us at email@example.com with your interest, potential dates, and proposed budget and we’ll get back to you with our availability, suggestions, or questions as soon as possible.
- Oct 28, 2018 – Preaching and Q & A at Northbrook UMC (Northbrook, IL)
- Nov 10, 2018 – God in Transition: A day of faith formation (Austin, TX)
- Nov 18, 2018 – Preaching and teaching at Good Shepherd UMC (Bartlett, IL)
- Aug 24, 2018 – Guest speaker at Bethel UMC (Elkhorn, WI)
- Jun 7, 2018 – Keynote speaker at Rio TX MFSA Luncheon (Corpus Christi, TX)
- May 2, 2018 – Guest speaker at University of Chicago Divinity School
- Apr 29, 2018 – TransForming our faith: Worship and a workshop on bridging gender identity in the church at Grace United Protestant Church (Park Forest, IL)
- Apr 7, 2018 – Workshop leader at The Reformation Project Leadership Summit (Evanston, IL)
- Mar 27, 2018 – Relationship structures panel at The Chicago School
- Feb 24, 2018 – Keynote speaker at ReYouNite at Lake Harriet UMC (Minneapolis, MN)
- Jan 20-21 – Worship and workshop leader on a trans-friendly faith at First UCC (Grinnell, IA)
- Jan 13, 2018 – Keynote speaker at NIC Winter Warming, “Trans/gender, the Sacred and Troubling Certainty” (Chicago, IL)
- Sept 2017 – Faith Alive! Faculty for weekend on “The Gospel’s Call to Justice and Inclusivity” (Wautoma, WI)